Welcome to the City of Marble!
The population was 701 at the 2010 census. U.S. Highway 169 serves as a main route in the community. A city in Greenway Township, sections 16-20, was incorporated as a village on April 20, 1909. The first homestead claim was in 1888 by Albert F. Gross of Duluth, which became the Gross-Marble Mining Company property; the village was enlarged in 1908 by the Oliver Mining Company, at which time 20 of its 80 acres were reserved for a public park. The post office began in 1908. As of the census of 2010, there were 701 people, 281 households, and 174 families living in the city. The population density was 161.1 inhabitants per square mile (62.2/km2).
There were 315 housing units at an average density of 72.4 per square mile (28.0/km2).